The Udemy affiliate program is a great way to make some extra money. You can promote the courses on Udemy and earn a commission for every sale that you generate.
To become an Udemy affiliate, you need to register for an affiliate account. Once you are registered, you will be able to access the affiliate dashboard, where you can find links and banners to promote the courses on Udemy.
- About Udemy
- What Is The Udemy Affiliate Program And How Does It Work?
- How To Join The Udemy Affiliate Program
- Udemy Affiliate Program Requirements
- Udemy Affiliate Program Commission, Cookie Duration & Payout Threshold
- Udemy Affiliate Program Benefits
- Program Drawbacks
- How To Promote Udemy Affiliate Program Courses
- How To Maximize Your Udemy Affiliate Program Commission
Udemy was founded in 2010 by Eren Bali, Oktay Caglar, and Gagan Bali. The three entrepreneurs met while studying at the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School of Business.
The idea for Udemy came about when the co-founders were looking for a way to learn how to code.
They were having trouble finding a quality programming course, so they decided to create their own.
The first course was launched in early 2010. It was a tutorial on how to build a web app using Ruby on Rails.
Since then, the company has become one of the world’s largest online learning platforms. More than 13 million students from 190 countries have taken courses on Udemy.
What Is The Udemy Affiliate Program And How Does It Work?
The Udemy affiliate program is a great way to make some extra money by referring people to the popular online learning platform.
The program is free to join and easy to use. It is one of the fastest-growing affiliate programs in the world.
When you join the program, you will receive a unique link to share with your friends and followers.
If someone clicks on that link and signs up for a course, you will earn a commission on their purchase.
The commission rate varies depending on the course but typically ranges from 10% to 15%.
There is no limit to the number of courses you can promote, so you can earn commissions on every sale you make.
How To Join The Udemy Affiliate Program
How can you become an Udemy affiliate?
Well, there are several options of networks you can choose from when applying to join the program.
To join the program, you need to submit your application to any of the following networks:
- Rakuten Network: https://signup.Rakuten.com/publishers/registration/landing?ls-locale=us&host=Rakuten&mid=39197
- Awin Germany: https://ui.awin.com/awin/merchant/15924/profile
- Awin France: https://ui.awin.com/awin/merchant/15925/profile
- Awin Italy: https://ui.awin.com/awin/merchant/15926/profile
- Awin Spain: https://ui.awin.com/awin/merchant/15927/profile
- Awin Netherlands: https://ui.awin.com/awin/merchant/15928/profile
- Awin Poland: https://ui.awin.com/awin/merchant/15929/profile
- Awin Canada: https://ui.awin.com/awin/merchant/162326/profile
Each application is reviewed thoroughly to determine if you are eligible based on the approval criteria outlined in their requirements.
Nevertheless, if you don’t hear back from the network within 1 week after submitting your application, then contact Udemy Support to look into this for you.
Or, you can also wait for the network’s team to follow up with you directly.
Udemy Affiliate Program Requirements
To be eligible to participate in the affiliate program, you must be a registered Udemy user and have an active account.
In order to participate in the program, you must meet the following requirements:
- Have a website or social media page that promotes online courses
- Be able to generate at least 1000 monthly traffic consistently to Udemy courses
- Use appropriate promotional materials provided by the program
- Agree to the terms and conditions of the program
In addition, you must comply with the following requirements:
- Do not use misleading or unauthorized promotional materials, including but not limited to, spam, unsolicited emails, pop-ups, or any other form of solicitation.
- You must not engage in any fraudulent or deceptive practices when marketing courses.
- Do not infringe on the intellectual property rights of Udemy or any third party.
- You must not use the Udemy trademark or any other trademark or trade name of Udemy in any manner that could lead to consumer confusion.
- Do not misrepresent or exaggerate your affiliation with Udemy or any other entity.
- You must not engage in any activity that may damage the reputation of Udemy or its courses.
If you violate any of these requirements, your participation in the affiliate program may be terminated.
Udemy Affiliate Program Commission, Cookie Duration & Payout Threshold
The company pays affiliates a commission for every sale that is generated through their affiliate link.
The commission percentage ranges from 10% to 15%, depending on the instructor’s course and how much the affiliate has promoted the course.
The cookie duration is 7 days. It means your audience has seven days to purchase a course after they click the link.
If they don’t make a purchase in seven days, you miss out on your commission
The payout threshold is $50.
Udemy Affiliate Program Benefits
There are many benefits to being an affiliate of Udemy, a top online learning platform. Some of these benefits include:
1. Earn commission on sales – As an affiliate, you will earn commission on sales generated through your links. This commission can be as high as 15% of the sale price.
2. Access to promotional materials – It provides affiliates with a range of promotional materials, including banners, text links, and course descriptions that you can use on your website or blog.
3. Frequent updates – They frequently update their program, adding new promotional materials and bonuses.
You can stay up-to-date on the latest offerings by subscribing to the Udemy newsletter.
4. Detailed reporting – You can track your affiliate performance using Udemy’s detailed reporting tools. This allows you to see how your marketing efforts are translating into sales.
5. 24/7 support – They provide affiliates with 24/7 support, so you can always get help when you need it.
If you are looking for an opportunity to make money online, this program is a great option.
By promoting the courses, you can earn a commission on the sales you generate through your unique links.
There are a few potential drawbacks you should be aware of:
1. Low commission rates
Udemy’s commission rates are relatively low when compared to those of other affiliate programs. For most courses, you’ll earn a commission of just 15% of the sale price.
2. Limited marketing support
They don’t offer a lot of marketing support to their affiliates. If you’re looking for help promoting your courses, you’ll need to look elsewhere.
3. No exclusive discounts
As an affiliate, you won’t have access to exclusive discounts on Udemy courses. This may be a deal-breaker for some affiliates.
How To Promote Udemy Affiliate Program Courses
There are a few different ways to promote Udemy courses as an affiliate.
1. Share courses on social media
One of the easiest ways to promote courses is to share them on social media. Post links to courses on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn, or even embed courses on your website or blog.
2. Write blog posts about courses
Another great way to promote courses is to write blog posts about them. Share your thoughts on the course, what you learned, or even how you plan to use the knowledge you gained.
3. Use promotional materials
They provide a variety of promotional materials you can use to promote courses, including banner ads, text links, and social media posts. You will find these materials on the company’s affiliate program page.
4. Refer friends and family
One of the best ways to promote courses is to refer friends and family. When they sign up for a course through your affiliate link, you’ll earn a commission on their purchase.
How To Maximize Your Udemy Affiliate Program Commission
There are a few ways that you can maximize your commission.
First, make sure that you are promoting the right courses. The platform offers a wide variety of courses, so make sure that you are promoting courses that are in high demand.
Second, use effective marketing techniques to promote your courses. For example, you can create a blog or website that promotes your courses, or you can post about your courses on social media platforms.
Third, make sure that you are familiar with the program terms and conditions. This will help you to avoid any potential problems with your affiliate account.
Finally, stay up to date with the latest marketing trends. This will help you to stay ahead of the competition and maximize your commission.
By following these tips, you can maximize your commission and earn more money.
You may also like this article:
As an affiliate, you can earn commissions on any new students that you refer to their website, as well as any courses that they purchase.
Here are some of the benefits of the program:
- Access to Udemy’s library of over 80,000 online courses.
- Promote top-rated courses from some of the world’s leading instructors.
- Robust reporting and tracking tools to help you track your performance.
There are a few ways that you can promote the courses on the website.
One way is to create a blog post about a course that you have taken, enjoyed, and would recommend to others.
In your blog post, you can include a link to the course on Udemy so that your readers can learn more about it.
Another way to promote the courses is by sharing them on social media.
You can post a link to the course on Udemy with a brief description of what the course is about, and why you think others would enjoy it.
You can also use social media to promote discounts on courses.
Finally, you can also promote the courses by including them in your email marketing campaigns.
You can send a link to a course on Udemy to your subscribers, and explain why you think they would enjoy it. You can also offer a discount on the course to your subscribers.