Are you planning to join the Udemy Affiliate Program?
Instructors from around the world teach millions of students on Udemy. They provide the tools and skills to teach what people love.
You will get unlimited access to 6,000+ of Udemy’s top courses for your team. Learn and improve skills across business, tech, design, and more.
Why Do People Prefer Learning On Udemy?
- They teach in-demand skills with over 155,000 video courses
- There are courses offered by real-world experts
- People learn at their own pace, with lifetime access on mobile and desktop
In this article, I’ll review the Udemy affiliate program. Are you ready?
Let’s get started now!
- What Is Udemy?
- Why Join The Udemy Affiliate Marketing Program
- How To Earn Commission From Udemy Affiliate Program
- How To Become a Udemy Affiliate - Requirements To Join The Program
- How Much Does Udemy Pay Affiliates - Udemy Affiliate Commission Rate
- How Do You Promote Udemy Courses?
- Who Can Participate In The Udemy Affiliate Marketing Program?
- Why Do I Need a Blog, Social Media Channel, Or Website?
- How do I Join The Udemy Affiliate Marketing Program?
- How Much Money Can You Make With The Udemy Affiliate Marketing Program?
- Benefits Of Udemy Affiliate Program
What Is Udemy?
These courses will also help you to boost your affiliate marketing program strategies.
Over 40 million students in 200+ countries are taking our online courses to advance their careers and pursue their passions.
You can use Udemy affiliate marketing programs for businesses, to generate income through commissions.
More than 155,000 courses are available on-demand, 24/7, via the iPhone, iPad, Android, and Web. They help anyone learn anything.
So you will always find a course that is useful, that people want, and that will never go out of fashion. Udemy offers thousands of free and paid online courses.
Udemy has more than 100,000 courses in categories exceeding 100. Thus there are opportunities for promotion since they might cover one of the topics in your blog niche.
The Udemy affiliate partner program is run in Linkshare and other affiliate networks.
Why Join The Udemy Affiliate Marketing Program
- Up To Date Products
The courses offered are up-to-date. They cover on-demand topics in almost all human endeavors ranging from business to personal development.
- Knowledgeable Instructors
The instructors at Udemy are knowledgeable in their areas. They teach from their personal experience. They are also passionate to share with others what they know.
- Affordable Courses
Although the courses sold at Udemy are helpful, they are Affordable. People can easily afford these courses. They are cheaper than other courses sold elsewhere.
How To Earn Commission From Udemy Affiliate Program
You will earn commission from the affiliate program when you offer something of value to your audience:
- Drive sales via promotional assets and tools from Udemy.
- Promote Udemy content with tracking assets, including course-specific links, and custom links.
- Access tracking links to add to your blog, social media, or email newsletters.
- Choose from thousands of courses and exclusive promotions.
- Earn money for purchases made through your affiliate tracking links.
How To Become a Udemy Affiliate – Requirements To Join The Program
To be approved for Udemy affiliate a website, blog, or social media page that is active. When reviewing your application, they check to make sure the following criteria are met:
1. List Of Followers
You are expected to have website traffic of at least 1,000 monthly visitors in the last 3 months. Your social media pages must have at least 1,000 followers.
They want to work with affiliate partners that already have an engaged audience with consistent traffic and followers.
2. Organic Traffic
When you apply, before your application is approved. They analyze your website traffic SEO tools such as similarweb.com.
As you apply, make sure that you list all the online channels you will use to promote the affiliate products in the ‘Description’ section of their application.
3. Theme Of Your Website
The content you publish on your site must match the content in Udemy courses. So before you apply, check to see whether your niche matches Udemy products.
4. Blog Content
You should have content on your blog before you apply for the affiliate program. Websites that are new and don’t have consistent traffic are usually denied approval.
5. Conformity With Their Brand
They ensure that Udemy offers match with what you offer on your site.
Currently, Udemy doesn’t welcome any sites that solely talk about Udemy and paid advertising affiliates.
Their current restricted promotional methods include:
- No bidding on our trademark
- No bidding on branded/trademarked terms
- No bidding on derivatives of branded/trademarked terms
- No bidding on broad-match based on branded/trademarked terms
- No bidding on competitors based on branded/trademarked terms
- No direct linking
- No domain forwarding/redirecting
- No use of a brand name in the domain, (it can, however, be included in your subdomain). For example, udemycourses.com is NOT allowed. Udemy.mypersonalblog.com is allowed as it’s not part of the domain name
- No use of a Company name or variations of Our company name in the name or URL of Social media pages (i.e. Facebook Fan Page)
- This applies to Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Facebook Boost Post, Instagram Ads, Twitter ads or any form of paid advertising.
- The list of prohibited keywords is: “Udemy”, “Udemy Inc.”, “Udemys”, “Udemy”, “Udemy.com”, or any combination of keywords that contain our brand name in it.
How Much Does Udemy Pay Affiliates – Udemy Affiliate Commission Rate
Is the Udemy referral program legitimate? Their baseline commission rate is 15% of valid affiliate sales with an increase based on performance and their cookies last 7 days.
But their cookies are not product-specific, so if your customers buy any course – even the one you didn’t promote to them within the 7-day cookie window, you will earn a commission from that purchase.
However, you will not be credited for the purchases made after the 7-day cookie expires.
Can You Ask For a Better Commission?
If you earn more than $5,000 in sales per month, tell them and they will evaluate your program for increased commission opportunities.
But in order to get an increased commission, you must provide added value placements.
These placements may range from email newsletter placements, on-site placements, social media promotions, and other similar placements.
If your program is a top earner, or in a vertical in which they are looking to expand, then they will reach out to you.
How Do You Promote Udemy Courses?
Each month, Udemy runs promotions on courses. As an affiliate, capitalize on these opportunities to promote courses at a discounted price.
These promotions include banners.
Udemy will notify you when these promotions are running via email. They usually have specific start and end dates.
Although you can promote a specific course, you can promote as many courses as you wish.
To promote a specific course, you need to use the deep linking tool to create an affiliate link for a particular course you wish to promote.
A deep link is like any other affiliate link except it goes to a page on Udemy.com of your choosing.
They provide you with affiliate tools such as text links and banners. If there’s no size for the banner for your website, you will have to create your own creatives to promote.
Who Can Participate In The Udemy Affiliate Marketing Program?
Any content creator that is active on social media even if they don’t have a website.
As you apply, you’ll have to list all your Social Media accounts that you will use to promote the affiliate courses on Udemy.
Can I participate if I live outside the United States?
They also welcome affiliates outside the US. When you submit your application, you will give your personal or business information based on US business terminology.
However, you can fill in your application using the equivalents of your business or personal ID number in your country.
Why Do I Need a Blog, Social Media Channel, Or Website?
These are the best group of affiliates they are supporting right now. They’re catering to the needs of these affiliates.
They’re interested in partnering with affiliates that drive promotions via a blog, website, or social media.
How do I Join The Udemy Affiliate Marketing Program?
To join the Affiliate Program, you have to fill in the application on one of the following networks:
- Rakuten Network: https://signup.Rakuten.com/publishers/registration/landing?ls-locale=us&host=Rakuten&mid=39197
- Admitad English: https://www.admitad.com/en/webmaster/offers/22448/landing/?ref=onlb2895dhb3e3b7aadc
- Admitad Russian: https://www.admitad.com/ru/webmaster/offers/22448/landing/?ref=onlb2895dhb3e3b7aadc
- Awin UK: https://ui.awin.com/awin/merchant/6554/profile
- Awin Germany: https://ui.awin.com/awin/merchant/15924/profile
- Awin France: https://ui.awin.com/awin/merchant/15925/profile
- Awin Italy: https://ui.awin.com/awin/merchant/15926/profile
- Awin Spain: https://ui.awin.com/awin/merchant/15927/profile
- Awin Netherlands: https://ui.awin.com/awin/merchant/15928/profile
- Awin Poland: https://ui.awin.com/awin/merchant/15929/profile
- Awin US: https://ui.awin.com/awin/merchant/16235/profile
- Awin Canada: https://ui.awin.com/awin/merchant/162326/profile
So you will not be required to login into your Udemy account to check your stats.
How Much Money Can You Make With The Udemy Affiliate Marketing Program?
Let’s do the mathematical calculations together. If a Udemy course costs $15, without a coupon, you will earn a commission of $2.25.
So, if you want to earn $500 a month, you will have to refer 225 people to buy a $15 course through your affiliate link.
It is crystal clear that if you don’t have an established blog with decent traffic, making a lot of money monthly with this affiliate program will not be easy.
Benefits Of Udemy Affiliate Program
1. Easy To Join
First, sign up as a user at Udemy.com, then go to Udemy.com/affiliate to sign-up as an affiliate.
2. Commissions Paid On Time
Payments are always on time and they include a nice. Sometimes, when the last day of the month is a Saturday or Sunday, they even send the payment on Friday, so you don’t have to wait.
3. Take Advantage Of Udemy Promotional Campaigns
Udemy has great discount campaigns throughout the year. Udemy has course-specific sales, contest sales, and holiday promotions.
Evidence shows that more sales are made during a course promotion. So you have a higher chance of marketing a lot of money.
4. Possibility To Increase Sales
Collaborate with instructors to make sales.
Contact instructors to see if they want you to promote your courses, and to inform you when you have promotions.
When they give you positive feedback, you will be able to promote more courses and make more sales.
One of the advantages of being a Udemy Affiliate is that you get a 20% commission on each course that is purchased from the affiliate link within 7 days of clicking on that link.
Udemy provides you with promotional material such as Udemy banners as well as coupon codes that you can use with your audience to sell courses.
The other advantage of being a Udemy Affiliate is that the platform provides thousands of potential courses to sell and a variety of niche topics to focus on promoting.
They run many promotions. All you have to do is just get the word out to potential course buyers. You can make more money during these promotions.