Looking for Thinkific alternatives or competitors?
Learning Management Systems (LMS) are a widely used technology, and many people are seeking reliable, user-friendly software solutions.
People are rapidly moving away from the traditional methods of teaching and learning.
They are trying to embrace conventional methods of teaching and learning.
Physical contact in learning is no longer the norm in this day and age.
Online learning is now the norm. If you have knowledge or skills to share, you can earn money teaching and selling online courses at any of the best online course platforms available on the internet.
These solutions have assessments and practice, content delivery and tracking, and content creation as well as other great features.
One of them is Thinkific. With Thinkific, you can create, market, and sell your expertise with a single platform that gives you total control of your brand and business.
However, Thinkific has drawbacks. So it may not be helpful.
- Cons Of Thinkific
- What Are The Best Thinkific Alternatives?
- Must-Have Features Of Thinkific Alternatives
- Why choose a Thinkific Alternative That Is Rich In Features?
- Summary: Thinkific Alternatives Or Competitors
Cons Of Thinkific
- Doesn’t offer a course marketplace for promoting and selling your courses to a ready audience. Marketing your online courses is entirely up to you.
- It doesn’t provide its own default email marketing tool.
- There are no quick options like live chat for customer support.
- Thinkific can be costly for beginners to create courses initially.
There are other learning Management systems that have features that Thinkific doesn’t have.
So what are these Thinkific competitors or alternatives you need to consider?
What Are The Best Thinkific Alternatives?
P.S. If you are planning to start a blog, read my step by guide on how to start a blog.
Here’s my top pick:
- Academy of Mine
- Wiz IQ
- Zippy Courses
Teachable is my #2 best online course platform. The drag and drop course builder tool lets you create a course with just a few mouse clicks.
It is among the best alternatives to Thinkific on the market.
There are already made templates. All you have to do is insert your content in the ready-made templates which you can tailor to look the way you want.
- Import Content: Provision to import content from Google Drive, One-drive, and Dropbox into your learning management systems.
- Course Certificates: Provision to issue certificates to students who complete courses.
- Multi-Media Lectures: Provision to create engaging courses.
- Convenient Payment: Provision to accept payment from students in over 130 currencies.
What makes Teachable stand out:
- It offers a domain you can customize
- Fast one-click checkout process
- Awesome interface
- Offers technical and customer support
- Tracking and reporting system
Plans start at just $29 and each comes with unlimited students and courses.
This software has all the tools necessary to satisfy every digital information publisher’s needs.
Do you have an audience? Then LearnWorlds is the best platform for your online courses.
It is a simple drag-and-drop editor. Anyone can create courses with LearnWorlds.
With LearnWorlds, you can build high-quality courses and sales pages from your dashboard.
LearnWorlds is best for beginner, intermediate, and advanced online course creators.
- Powerful Page Builder: You can build stunning pages.
- Multilingual Support: Customers are given support in many languages.
- Built-in Social Media Network: You can chat on social media.
What makes Learn worlds stand out:
- Copyright protection for content
- It is possible to offer free courses
- Pre-ready course catalogs are available
- Affiliate Marketing support for instructors
- Offers engaging and interactive content
LearnWorlds has a free plan. The paid plan starts at $24 per mon
Podia offers live chat for easy communication with your students to increase student engagement.
With Podia, everything you need is at your fingertips.
This includes course content, student communications, payments, and affiliates.
The user-friendly interface makes this tool a perfect one for anyone who wants to design eye-catching courses without a steep learning curve.
Podia is best for beginners and non-techie people.
- Combine Courses: Provision to combine similar courses.
- Digital Downloads: Easily upload easy PDFs, checklists and ebook.
- Locked Content: Give access or deny content in your course management system for any particular student.
- Email List Marketing: Has email marketing automation features.
- Multimedia Courses: Interactive content which include video, audio, PDF and images in your courses.
What makes Podia stand out:
- Can be tailored to match your brand
- Live previews for your online courses
- Create individual posts for students to increase student engagement
- Integrate with important tools and services
- You can migrate from other course platforms for free
- The Mover package starts at $39 per month.
- The Shaker option at $79 per month.
Kajabi has a drag-and-drop feature. With Kajabi, you will be able to get your customized digital courses set up without any special design skills.
If it is your first time running an online course, Kajabi is the best tool for you. It is ideal for both beginners and advanced users. The user-friendly dashboard is suitable for non-technical users.
The platform is a cloud-based system. It has a host of customizable themes that you can use to create beautiful courses. It has email marketing and advanced automation tools.
Kajabi is best for any course creator.
- Drag-and-Drop Editor: Allows you to build stunning pages.
- Multiple Site Pages: Allows you to create as many pages as you want for your site using their page builder.
- Live Event Capability: Allows you to add live events.
- 24/7 Technical Support: Customer support is always there when you need it.
- Powerful and reliable email: Email marketing is included.
What makes Kajabi stand out:
- It offers great features for blogging and video streaming
- It can be integrated with for third-party services
- Well designed templates and themes
- Has both Android/iOS mobile app
- Offers marketing automation for higher sales
- Basic Plan starts at $119 per month.
- The Growth plan is $159 per month.
Ruzuku has a simple user interface that makes it easy for all creators including beginners to build stunning course pages.
This software can be integrated easily with other tools and services online.
With Ruzuku, you can launch your course within the shortest time possible.
It is advanced and powerful software that helps to quickly create an outline for your course curriculum.
It also has a provision that allows you to conduct webinars. You will also have access to email marketing services.
- Video and Audio Streams: Provision of hosting both video and audio streams.
- Technical Support: Technical support is offered whenever it is needed.
- Optimized Checkout: One-click checkout process to help you generate more sales.
- Webinar Hosting: Provision of running webinars webinars .
- Email Integration: Provision of integrating with Mailchimp email marketing software.
What makes Ruzuku stand out:
- Get unlimited webinars for your students.
- Provision of sending course announcements via email marketing.
- Provision of adding subscriptions to specific courses.
- Copy previous courses and run them again.
- Host video broadcast with group chats.
Plans start at $74.75 per month and you get unlimited students and courses with each plan.
Ruzuku offers a 14-day trial for free.
LearnDash is a powerful tool that does not have the limitations that other alternatives have.
You get an awesome course builder that comes with course completion certificates.
This Thinkific competitor integrates with so many plugins or platforms.
LearnDash is the most popular LMS WordPress plugin on the market right now. It is good for anyone who wants to run everything from their WordPress dashboard.
The LearnDash WordPress Plugin is best for course creators who are using WordPress.
- Course Awards: Provision to award winners especially quiz.
- Advanced Quiz: Provision to create assessments and quizzes..
- Course Progression: Provision to ensure that students complete one course before they begin another one.
- Learner Progress: Provision to track progress of learners.
What makes LearnDash stand out:
- Offers video, image, or text hints to students
- Has a huge community of helpful users
- Create custom messages for each learner
- Provision to review questions and answers on site
- Liberty to arrange courses in any order you want
- The Basic plan starts at $159 per month.
- The Pro Package is $329 per month.
Academy of Mine allows you to create your very own customized e-learning platform.
It’s ideal for professional development, continuing education, and certifications, as well as B2B training.
With this all-in-one solution, you will be able to white-label all your courses to match your brand.
The software allows you to build a fully-fledged website so you can host and market your digital training from one convenient place. The platform is customizable and scalable.
Its user-friendly interface makes it great for beginners and expert marketers alike. It’s also easy to share your expertise and knowledge with your students.
This software is undoubtedly among the best ways for businesses and educators to market their online courses.
Academy of Mine integrates easily with other important tools. It can be customized to suit your specific needs.
It is the best for any organization or individual that needs an e-learning platform. These range from coaches and businesses in education, healthcare, law to safety training.
- Integrated Website: Get a new fully-integrated site or connect your own.
- Interactive Content: Provision to engage students with interactive content like video.
- Customized Features: Provision to tailor it to your specific needs.
- Self-Paced Courses: Provision to allow students to complete courses at their own pace.
- Easy Integrations: Provision to integrate easily with other tools.
What makes academy of mine stand out:
- Effective built in solutions for different needs
- Integration with other marketing tools
- Issuance of certificates for course completion
- Great self-paced student courses
The first plan starts at $499 per month.
It offers a demo that can give you a glimpse into what’s possible when using this software.
8. Wiz IQ
If you are looking for the best Thinkific alternatives, try Wiz IQ.
It is a powerful and incredible software that can make it possible to replicate a physical classroom learning management experience online.
You get a course builder, virtual classrooms, test and assessment builder, eCommerce, and reports.
The platform has a user-friendly interface that gives you the ability to use your own branding in all your course materials.
You also get customized mobile application features.
WizIQ is best for teachers and educators.
- Virtual Classroom: The live videos are engaging.
- Mobile Learning Management System: Learners can access lessons easily.
- LSM eCommerce: Provision to sell both self-paced and instructor-led courses.
- Reporting and Analytics: Provision to analyze and generate reports
- Course Assessments: Provision to prepare multimedia tests and assessments in different formats.
What makes WizIQ stand out:
- Allows you to message unlimited participants
- Easily customizable learning management system portals
- Training of external stakeholders, partners, or promoters
- Discussion boards for easy communication
- Provision of video streaming
The plan starts at $20 per month.
The pricing options are based on rooms, attendees, and registered users. They offer a free 14-day trial.
Zippy Courses has a simple and professional-looking dashboard that is easy to navigate.
With Zippy Courses, you have the ability to simplify the entire process of building and marketing your online course.
Zippy Courses is a complete set of tools that are designed with features to help you create, launch, teach, and sell your online course quickly.
Zippy Courses is the best for course creators and educators.
- Easy customization: Can be customized to suit your brand.
- Drag-and-Drop Editor: Has drug and drop for creating courses faster.
- Drip-Content: Provision of content in bits.
- Launch Windows: Allows registration many students.
- Access-Tiers: Provision to sell many different versions of a single course.
What makes Zippy Courses stand out:
- Has a professional appearance
- Allows you to create infographics
- Provision of multiple payment options
- There is no technical experience needed
- Quick support
They offer a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Teachery is also one of the great Thinkific alternatives for beginners.
It is beginner-friendly and can help beginner course creators to set up online courses to sell to their audiences.
They offer guided tutorials to new instructors to help them get started quickly. The software is easy to use.
- Simple Templates: Offers templates
- Easy to Use Course Editor: There is an awesome course editor.
- Payment Plans and Membership: Allows you to input a payment plan or membership plan easy.
- Sales and Landing Pages: Allows you to create landing pages.
What makes Teachery stand out:
- It is beginners friendly
- There are no extra transaction fees
- Has unlimited functionalities
- Simplicity over advanced functionality
- Ability to integrate with many other useful tools
The first plan starts at $49 per month. You can upload unlimited courses.
They offer a 14-day free trial.
Must-Have Features Of Thinkific Alternatives
The market is filled with many choices. So choosing an LMS platform for your site is not an easy task.
This is true especially if you don’t know about the features that should be checked in any LMS platform before choosing it.
No wonder I’ll talk about the salient
features that the platform must-have. Here’s the list and the details you need about the LMS:
1. Reporting and data analysis
Reporting and data analysis functionality is essential to improving the learning experience and determining the content needs of your students.
The platform you choose should be able to generate comprehensive reports about the following Metrics:
- number of site visitors,
- pages most visited by the visitors,
- course completion rate,
- bounce rate,
- time spent on pages,
- session tracking, and email tracking
2. Assessment administration & live feedback features
The ability to track student progress and assess their performance should be there in any LMS platform.
There should also be the functionality to provide live feedback to students on their activity and performance.
The platform should display test scores, grade books, course progress tracking, multiple scoring methods, multiple assessment types, multiple quiz types, and custom quiz options.
3. Efficient student management
The platform should have the functionality to enroll students in bulk, filter them according to their performance, and organize them in groups.
The absence of proper student management features can force you and your instructors to waste a lot of time on tasks other than teaching.
4. Virtual classroom
The platform should have the ability to conduct virtual classes.
The choice of your LMS should have a built-in virtual classroom, or it should allow integration with other popular video conferencing apps like Zoom and Google Meet.
5. Tools to deliver lessons effectively
A good Thinkific alternative should enable teachers to offer lessons easily.
It should allow the addition of multiple instructors, their payments, their role management, and assignment of other’s courses to them.
6. Uncomplicated payment methods
The Thinkific alternatives you choose should not only allow easy checkout but also support multiple payment methods like PayPal, Stripe, and many others.
7. Seamless mobile integration
Your LMS should be responsive devices – It should be mobile-friendly.
Why choose a Thinkific Alternative That Is Rich In Features?
They also allow your students to learn in a better way, and teachers to teach in a better environment.
That’s what makes all these features necessary for any LMS platform.
No matter what type of e-Learning platform you choose, you should ensure that all these features are available in it.
Unavailability of even a few of these features can cause major roadblocks in the growth of your e-Learning site.
Summary: Thinkific Alternatives Or Competitors
If you are looking for the best Thinkific alternatives, here’s the list: Teachable, LearnWorld, Podia, Kajabi, Ruzuku, LearnDash, Academy of Mine, Wiz IQ, Zippy Courses, and Teachery.