Are there online business ideas that women can exploit? Well, there are thousands of online business ideas for women today.
In this article, I will show you some awesome ideas that you can turn into an online business.
These jobs are done remotely. They will be able to do their tasks from the comfort of their homes and earn money.
- The Best Online Business Ideas For Women
- 1. Start a Successful Blog
- 2. Create a YouTube Channel
- 3. Sell Your Own Products
- 4. Start Hosting Podcasts
- 5. Create a Dropshipping Store
- 6. Offer Resume Writing Services
- 7. Offer SEO services
- 8. Become a Freelance Writer
- 9. Get a Job As a Proofreader
- 10. Offer Tuitions Online
- 11. Get Paid As a Social Media Influencer
- 12. Design Websites For Clients
- 13. Become a Virtual Assistant
- 14. Become a Graphic Designer
- Online Business Ideas For Women FAQ
- Summary: The Best Online Business Ideas For Women
The Best Online Business Ideas For Women
Let’s get started.
1. Start a Successful Blog
If you are looking for the best online business ideas for women, blogging is one of those best ideas. Start a blog and monetize it. This is a job you can do from the comfort of your home.
P.S. If you are planning to start a blog, read my step-by-step guide on how to start a blog.
Here’s how to get started:
1. Decide what you will be writing
Firstly, make sure that the niche (topic) you choose is a profitable one. Secondly, there is an audience for the niche.
2. Buy your domain name
A domain name is the address of your website. For example, www.visionaryblogger.com.
To buy a domain name, go to Namecheap. Namecheap tells you everything. The domain names here are really cheap. It also has an interface that is easy to use.
It’s the best domain name registrar I have known since I started blogging. Try Namecheap today.
Tips to follow when choosing a domain name.
- It should be short. For people to remember it easily and faster.
- Easy to spell.
- Get web hosting.
3. Get hosting for your blog
The plans offered are excellent and affordable.
Bluehost plans and pricing:
4. Install WordPress
This is a content management system (CMS). This is where you will be writing your articles. It’s the best content management system. Thus, over 37 % of websites online are powered by WordPress.
5. Install a theme
A theme is what gives your site its appearance. There are thousands of themes in the WordPress repository. Choose a stunning and lightweight theme for your blog. I recommend the Astra theme. It’s lightweight, stunning, and versatile.
6. Install plugins
Install the following must-have plugins:
7. Set up static pages of your site
These important pages are:
- Homepage: Shows people what your blog is all about.
- About page: Tells people who you are.
- Contact page: Gives people details for contacting you.
8. Write your first blog post and promote it
Write your first blog post and drive people to your site.
9. Monetize your blog
Some of the ways to monetize your blog are:
- Google Ads. Earn money by displaying ads on your blog.
- Affiliate marketing. Refer customers to sites that sell products. When a purchase is made, you get paid a commission.
- Sell digital products. Make money by selling your own digital downloadable products. For example, eBooks.
- Offer services. Generate income from your blog by offering online casino services. The services may range from consulting to coaching.
2. Create a YouTube Channel
Another great online business idea for women is becoming a YouTuber. People tend to understand concepts with the aid of videos. So in this day and age, there is a lot of demand for videos than ever before.
In addition, there are so many companies that want to advertise their products and services. They are looking for YouTubers to help them reach thousands of people.
So if you’ve always loved the thought of being behind the camera, now is the time you can take advantage.
How you will make money as a YouTuber:
- Apply for Google Ad sense. Once approved, you will get ad revenue.
- Get commissions by referring customers to products on other sites. This concept is called affiliate marketing.
3. Sell Your Own Products
If you have a blog, you can start a YouTube channel to promote your blog. But to succeed, you will have to provide quality content and videos to your audience.
Starting a YouTube channel is free. All you need is just a smartphone with a high-quality camera. So you can start a YouTube channel now.
4. Start Hosting Podcasts
A podcast host is where you serve your audio files and distribute them to the major podcast networks. Podcasting is not as competitive as blogging, making it easier for you to rank faster. I recommend you try the Podbean podcast hosting platform.
Podbean is one of the best free podcast hosting platforms available. With Podbean, you will earn money through advertisements and selling subscriptions.
Here’s a list of podcast networks where you can distribute them:
5. Create a Dropshipping Store
What is dropshipping is the selling of goods on behalf of industries. You create a store start selling other people’s goods.
Here’s a brief explanation of how dropshipping works:
- Set up an ecommerce start
- Find a manufacturer and start advertising their products
- When a customer makes a purchase, the customer and the purchase information are forwarded to the owner of the products.
This is how you can start a dropshipping business:
- Choose a niche.
- Find products that are ideal for your readers.
- Look for an ecommerce platform for your needs
- Create your online store
- Get a good dropshipping supplier.
- Connect your site to that of the supplier.
- Launch your store and start promoting the products.
If you are a beginner, I recommend you start with Wix. It has great features and it’s beginner-friendly.
6. Offer Resume Writing Services
There are thousands of people looking for jobs every day globally. However, most of these people do not know how to write awesome resumes. So they need help.
Are you knowledgeable in this area? Take advantage of this knowledge gap to make money online.
Writing resumes is one of the best ideas that women can exploit to make money online. Because people will always be looking for jobs. They need help with their resumes and cover letters.
That’s where you can come in and help them create an awesome resume to get them hired. If you are knowledgeable about resume writing, start a website and start writing resumes for clients.
7. Offer SEO services
Almost everyone with an online business talks about SEO.SEO is one of the greatest online business ideas for women who spend much of their time at home.
What is SEO? SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
This is a concept that explains what should be done to get a website in Google search results. Websites that rank higher in Google attract more organic traffic. So they have higher chances of making money.
SEO is a valuable skill in the internet marketing world. It is needed in the field which is booming today called digital marketing. Both beginner and advanced marketers need to learn and master the skill.
So there’s potential for making real money from SEO. Therefore, if you master SEO, companies will always be willing to pay you for your help.
8. Become a Freelance Writer
The future for content creators looks brighter. Content creators will make more money a decade from now. This is evident by the demand for content creators now.
There’s more demand for content creators now than ever before. If you are good at writing, turn your writing skill into an income-generating business.
You can have clients anywhere in the world. If you want to start freelance writing, go to the FlexJobs website to find a job.
To get started, launch your own website and build your portfolio. Alternatively, make use of social media platforms. Look for potential clients on social media platforms like LinkedIn and offer your content writing services.
9. Get a Job As a Proofreader
Do you know a particular language better than others?
Apply for a proofreading job online. Well, proofreading is not a tough job. Your scope of work will just be confined to spotting spelling errors. Do whatever it takes to take up the job.
10. Offer Tuitions Online
Are you a teacher or a university lecturer?
Start offering tuitions online. Students who find science and mathematics challenges are willing to pay a tutor to help them get grades in the subjects.
An advantage of the business is that you will not confine yourself to your country. You will have clients globally. Find students of different ages to teach.
However, you will have a platform where clients will be interacting with you. Hence you will have to create a site that will act as a platform for finding as well interacting with your audience.
11. Get Paid As a Social Media Influencer
A social media influencer is an individual who can influence people to take a certain action on social media. So if you have a large following, then this job suits you.
Nowadays, all companies and individuals have gone digital. Individuals and companies are advertising their products on social media. These products range from books, gadgets to clothes.
With this job, the company will give you a link. You will be promoting their products to your audience. When a sale is made, you will get a certain percentage of the sales via your referral links.
What to do to get started:
- Choose a profitable niche
- Post on your social media channels consistently
- Engage with your followers to grow your influence and your income.
Take advantage of the following websites to grow:
The Amazon Influencer Program and ShopStyle.com.
12. Design Websites For Clients
The number of people creating websites is growing every day. Currently, there are about 7 million websites. However, most of these website owners know little or nothing about web designing.
This doesn’t require a lot of skills. For example, I designed www.visionaryblogger.com from scratch without any prior knowledge about web designing. I just used Elementor page builder. Am sure you can also do it for money.
You will have proper judgment to tell the difference between a stunning sight and a bad-looking site.
From personal experience, it is a simple job if you have the zeal to learn and master it.
13. Become a Virtual Assistant
Today virtual assistants are being paid handsomely. Most employers will want you to work certain hours of the day.
Get paid for performing the tasks from home:
- Answering company emails
- Booking travel
- Managing social media
- Scheduling appointments
14. Become a Graphic Designer
Graphics are gaining popularity nowadays. There are a lot of opportunities in this area. Graphics are needed by web designers and bloggers.
If you can create stunning and engaging graphics, monetize them and earn money. Graphic designers make decent money.
Online Business Ideas For Women FAQ
What companies are willing to hire me to work from home?
Here are some of the best companies that hire people to work remotely:
- JPMorgan Chase
What are the easiest online businesses that I can do from home?
If you’re looking for an easy, here are some great options:
- Freelance writer.
- Graphic Designer.
- Customer service representative.
Summary: The Best Online Business Ideas For Women
If you are a woman, take advantage of the different ideas at your disposal to start an online business that you can do from the comfort of your home.
This is one way you can increase your streams of income. These online business ideas include:
- Creating a YouTube channel.
- Freelance writing.
- Web designing.
- Graphic designing.
- Virtual assistant.
- Social media influencer.
Pick one or more ideas that are ideal for you and set up your online business in no time.