Do you want to learn how to embed videos into WordPress? This is a great initiative.
At its best, it encourages visitors to follow and engage with you on your YouTube channel and business Facebook page.
In this article, I’ll show you how to embed a video on WordPress from YouTube and Facebook video to get more likes and grow your brand.
- Upload Vs Embed Videos Into WordPress
- Benefits Of Embedding Video Into Your Blog Posts:
- How To Embed Videos Into WordPress From YouTube
- How To Embed a YouTube Video Into The Sidebar Of a WordPress Blog
- Plugins That Can Be Used To Embed A Video Into Wordpress
Upload Vs Embed Videos Into WordPress
1. Uploading Videos
- Uploading video in your WordPress dashboard takes up space on your server.
- Your site load times could severely slow down.
- Uploading a video uses your server’s bandwidth.
- Shared hosting servers offer an unlimited amount of bandwidth, but they may suspend your account should you create enough stress on the server from a video being viewed by hundreds of people at once.
- Your readers can experience slow loading, unexpected pauses, and refusal to play.
2. Embedding Videos
The risks of uploading videos clearly outweigh the benefits. Besides the risks involved with uploading a video, embedding video is your preferred alternative for another critical reason: SEO.
- Third-party servers that are dedicated to hosting your videos offer which result in more views to your video and more viewers to your site.
- Rather than detract from your SEO, viewing your embedded videos on sites like YouTube and Vimeo can add to your SEO.
- Your videos have the benefit of being searched within YouTube and on other search engines.
Benefits Of Embedding Video Into Your Blog Posts:
- Increase reader engagement on your blog
- Increase view time on your website
- Decrease your bounce rate your site
- Takes the place of short form blog posts
How To Embed Videos Into WordPress From YouTube
Copy and paste the video URL into the WordPress editor.
- From the WordPress Dashboard, select Posts > Add new.
- Select the + icon to add a new block, then select YouTube.
- Go to the YouTube video you want to embed, select Share, then select Copy.
- Go back to your WordPress post, paste the video URL, then select Embed.
- You can also paste the YouTube URL into the content editor in both visual and text view.
- Select Publish to make your video go live.
How To Embed a YouTube Video Into The Sidebar Of a WordPress Blog
If you want to embed a YouTube video in your blog’s sidebar, use a video widget.
- From the WordPress Dashboard, select Appearance > Widgets.
- Drag the Video widget to the blog sidebar.
- Give the video a title, then select Add Video.
- Select Insert from the URL in the upper-left corner.
- Enter the video URL, then select Add to Widget after the video appears.
- Select Save.
How To Embed Video To WordPress From Facebook
If you are going live on your business Facebook page or have done Facebook live swaps, interviews, or workshops with another person, you can add these videos into any of your posts.
1. Visit your Facebook page where your video is hosted and click on it.
2. Click on the circle with three little dots on the right-hand side and choose Embed.
3. From here a code will come up that you’re going to copy. Then you’re going to go back and locate the exact spot within your post or page that you want your Facebook video to appear.
4. Using your Gutenberg editor, insert an HTML block and paste the code where you want your video to be.
5. Click save and select preview, to see what it will look like.
Platforms That Support Auto Embeds By WordPress
WordPress supports auto-embeds for other platforms apart from YouTube and Facebook.
Below is a list of platforms that support the auto-embed feature by WordPress:
- WordPress plugin directory
Plugins That Can Be Used To Embed A Video Into WordPress
These embedding video plugins below may help you to embed and manage your videos even better.
1. Video Embed & Thumbnail Generator
This is a free WordPress plugin. It’s great if you want to turn your website into a video-based site.
This plugin supports the following video players:
- JW Player 6, or
- Adobe Strobe Media
- Playback Flash Player.
Your videos will be resized and fit into your website’s design no matter which player you choose. It also generates video thumbnails.
2. ARVE Advanced Responsive Video Embedder
This plugin may be the most complete plugin to support video embedding on WordPress.
It is an SEO-friendly plugin that can specify the title, description, and upload date of an embedded video, which will help you with indexing.
At its best, it’s a responsive video embedding plugin.
3. YouTube Embed
This embedding plugin is ideal for those who frequently embed videos from YouTube.
YouTube Embed has some interesting key features. You can make your own video playlists, and recommend them based on the user’s search history.
This plugin also supports dynamic video sizing which fits together perfectly with any responsive themes.
Embedding YouTube and Facebook videos on your WordPress blog is a great way to keep your visitors engaged. Thus if you wish to embed a video in your content, WordPress makes the process straightforward and hassle-free. When you embed videos into your WordPress blog, reader engagement is enhanced.