Does Home Depot have an affiliate marketing program? Yes, Home Depot has an active public affiliate marketing program that pays money.
This is an outstanding program that gives you a chance to promote a vast range of Home Depot products.
You will earn up to 8% commission. The more you sell the more you earn.
- About The Company
- Home Depot Affiliate Program Review
- Home Depot Commission Rates
- How To Get Started With The Home Depot Affiliate Program
- What Are The Categories That You Can Promote?
- Products That Don't Attract Commission
- How To Earn More Money With The Home Depot Affiliate Program
- How Do Home Depot Affiliates Receive Payments?
- Pros Of The Affiliate Program
- Cons Of The Affiliate Program
- Summary: Should You Join Home Depot Affiliate Program?
About The Company
An American retailer of home improvement and construction products and services.
The Home Depot is the largest home improvement retailer in the United States. They supply assorted tools, construction products, and services.
The Home Depot is a well-established brand and for many Americans, it’s the only store to go to when in need of home improvement products.
The headquarters of the company is in the Atlanta Store Support Center at Atlanta, GA in unincorporated Cobb County, Georgia.
It operates many big-box format stores across the United States and its territories of Puerto Rico, Guam, and the U.S. Virgin Island.
They are found in all the 10 provinces of Canada, and the 31 states, and the Federal District of Mexico.
The Home Depot was co-founded by Ken Langone, Bernard Marcus, Arthur Blank, Ron Brill, and Pat Farrah in 1978.
The domain homedepot.com attracted at least 120 million visitors annually by 2008 according to a Compete.com survey.
In the US HomeDepot.com has 5 Call centers located in Kennesaw, GA; Atlanta, GA; Marietta, GA; Ogden, Utah, and Tempe, AZ. Home Depot online offers in-store pickup and online returns.
The Home Depot exclusively carries several major brands, including:
- Chem-Dry (carpet cleaning, upholstery cleaning, tile and grout services)
- Behr paints
- Homelite (outdoor and power tools)
- Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia (outdoor furniture, indoor organization)
- Ryobi and Ridgid (power tools)
- American Woodmark cabinetry
- Thomasville Furniture Industries cabinetry
Additionally, the retailer has its own house brands.
Home Depot Affiliate Program Review
They have more than 2200 stores and a reputation of being the most extensive global home-improvement retailer, most of their stores are conveniently situated within the United States.
The affiliate program is an outstanding program that gives you a chance to promote a vast range of products that are available at their official stores online.
Home Depot Commission Rates
Earn up to 8% commission
- 3% on products, mobile, and buy online pick up in-store orders,
- 2% on appliances, and
- 8% on select home décor products
- All gift cards, installation services, custom created products, select special orders and in-store purchases are not eligible for commissions.
- Their cookie lasts 1 day
- There are over 500,000 free ship to store or home items sold on homedepot.com
- They provide a daily product data feed together with a wide variety of banner ads and text links.
- You get affiliate account managers and tech support
- They only ship within the U.S.A and some products to Alaska and Hawaii.
How To Get Started With The Home Depot Affiliate Program
The affiliate program is powered by Impact Radius. You are assured of success because Impact offers awesome support and tools to use.
In addition, you will also get immense help from the Home Depot affiliate account managers.
What Are The Categories That You Can Promote?
You can choose any of these categories to promote:
- Bath and Faucets
- Binds and Window Treatment
- Building Materials
- Decor and Furniture
- Doors and Windows
- Flooring and Area Rugs
- Heating and Cooling
- Holiday decorations
- Kitchen and Kitchenware
- Lawn and Garden
- Lighting and Ceiling Fans
- Outdoor Living and Patio
- Smart Home
- Storage and Organization
- Assorted tools
Products That Don’t Attract Commission
- Gift cards
- Installation services
- Special orders
- Custom created products
- In-store purchases
How To Earn More Money With The Home Depot Affiliate Program
Home Depot products found in the home décor category are cheaper. For example, wall décor, clocks, pillows, mats to name but a few.
However, if you go through the home décor subcategories, you will find some more expensive products for which you can get higher commissions.
You need to understand one important fact. More expensive products don’t sell very much. So if you want to have more conversion, you need to target cheaper products.
For example, if you are promoting the wall shelf which costs $ 195, and its commission is 8%, you will be able to make $1000 if you make about 65 sales.
Is this tenable? Yes, it’s feasible if your site receives decent traffic.
Although there is a similar affiliate program in Canada, the USA affiliate program is more profitable.
This, if you don’t have an audience from the US, you may not have an easy time earning commissions.
How Do Home Depot Affiliates Receive Payments?
Impact Radius offers a number of payment methods to make getting paid easy, including PayPal, Check, Wire Transfer, Direct Deposit, and ACH Transfer.
- The payment options are Check and Direct deposit.
- You must reach at least $100 if you opt to receive via Check and for direct deposit, it is $50.
- The payments are made on the monthly basis.
Pros Of The Affiliate Program
This affiliate program offers many advantages, making it an incredibly powerful and excellent platform for affiliates to earn extra side money.
These advantages are as follows:
- High-cost items
- Exclusive products
- Top-quality products
- Niche specialization that is related to the industry in customer minds.
- Pays Monthly
- Provides banners for advertising
- Provides information on each of its products to customers
Cons Of The Affiliate Program
- Does not cater to customers outside the United States.
- The audience should have a need for the specific items of Home Depot products that you are promoting.
Summary: Should You Join Home Depot Affiliate Program?
The Home Depot is a well-established brand and for many Americans the only store to go to when in need of home improvement products.
The commission rates, however, are very low and there is a short referral period.
So to succeed, you should choose products based on commissions.
In my view, this affiliate program is not the best choice. It’s not worth your effort.
They have low commission rates and a short referral program. So I don’t recommend it to my readers.