Is the Coursera affiliate program worth it? By the way, do you know what Coursera is?
Well, let me explain what Coursera is all about.
Coursera is an American online learning platform founded in 2012 by Stanford professors Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller.
It offers massive open online courses, specializations, and degrees to people from world-class universities and companies globally.
Coursera works with universities and other organizations to offer online courses, specializations, and degrees in a variety of subjects.
These courses range from engineering, data science, machine learning, mathematics, business, computer science, digital marketing, humanities, medicine, biology to social sciences.
Coursera Affiliate Program
These are the salient features of the program:
- You will earn commissions between 20% – 45% on any eligible purchases your users make within 30 days of clicking a qualified link, with bonuses for strong performance.
- The Coursera cookie duration lasts 30 days.
- Joining the Coursera is 100% free.
- You can easily track the traffic you are sending to Coursera.
- There are over 4000 courses and specializations to promote.
- You can use banners and text links to promote Coursera affiliate marketing programs.
- Their product merchandiser field is updated daily and is easy to access.
- You have access to their monthly affiliate newsletter, including curated content recommendations and fresh advertising creativity.
- The commission type is single; non-recurring.
- The payout threshold is $50.
- The payment options available are bank account and PayPal
- Niches: Education, Personal Development
- Type: Digital Product
How Coursera Affiliate Program Works
Before you join any affiliate program, it’s important to find out how the program is. You need to know the pros and cons of the program beforehand.
This is how the program works:
You will have to join the affiliate program on the Linkshare network. Joining the program is fast, easy, and free.
When you join, you will be given about 4,000+ courses and specializations to promote.
To promote the program, you will be expected to use either Coursera’s custom banners, text links or design a unique format of your own.
Whenever you have a project, it’s always important to track the performance so that you will know whether their progressing or not.
Therefore, in order to track the traffic you’re sending to Coursera, use the easy-to-integrate Linkshare tracking links.
Earn up to 45% commission on eligible purchases that your users make on Coursera.
What Are The Benefits Of Joining The Affiliate Program?
- Deep linking is available. Deep Linking is when an affiliate links to a specific course to promote it.
- They offer a referral program. When you invite a friend to get started on the course, you will get 50% off the course.
- Coursera is a trusted and top e-learning website. Millions of learners sign up for Coursera courses because they are affordable.
- There’s a full-time affiliate marketing manager to help you succeed.
How To Promote Coursera Affiliate Marketing Program
To promote Coursera affiliate programs on your WordPress site, simply highlight your best affiliate links and earn more from your visitors. These displays convert.
If you realize that you are not making more money, fix your broken links, find new affiliate opportunities, and create product displays that convert.
Why You Should Join The Coursera Affiliate Program
There are a number of reasons why you should join the affiliate program.
Here are the reasons:
- Their displays convert better.
- Helps visitors quickly find your recommendations. Customization is easy. Customization matches your site’s branding.
- They have been A/B tested against millions of visits and millions in revenue.
- Their displays are beautiful.
- When you convince a person to join and attend a paid course, you receive a commission.
Coursera offers the following commission rates:
- Coursera Plus (10%)
- Guided Projects (20%)
- Standalone Courses (20%)
- Specializations (45%)
- Professional Certificates (45%)
Requirements To Get Approved In The Program
There are conditions that must be met before a website is approved in the program.
What are these minimum requirements that must be met to do affiliate marketing with Coursera?
Here’s the list of the minimum requirements:
- Your website must have more than 1000 unique visitors per month.
- Shouldn’t contain paid search, coupons, cashback, and browser plugins.
- Must have a minimum educational product promoted in the previous year.
Remember, these are the minimum requirements for being eligible to join the program.
Coursera’s affiliate program excels in all of the main points an affiliate program needs to cover.
They offer competitive commissions of up to 45%, available on most products – courses, specializations, and professional certificates.
They offer a 30-day tracking cookie which is very generous. You are allowed to promote Coursera with professional banners and text links.
Coursera offers over 4,000 online courses available which are updated daily. You can really find plenty of courses that are ideal for your niche and interests.
With the Coursera affiliate program, you can track your affiliate sales and commissions through a dashboard.
You will also receive a weekly Coursera affiliate newsletter to stay updated. The program uses terms that are very clear, with an FAQ available to cover any common concerns.
However, there aren’t recurring commissions available if someone purchases a subscription-based course through your affiliate link.