Effective branding for bloggers helps bloggers differentiate themselves from their competitors and build a loyal reader and customer base.
A unique brand can have a huge impact by giving you a competitive advantage over your rivals and helping you acquire and retain customers at a much lower cost.
So by carefully building your brand through relationships, marketing messages and visual assets, you have the opportunity of influencing your customers’ expectations.
You will also create a unique bond that goes beyond the buying and selling relationship.
What Is Branding?
“A brand is a name, term, design, symbol, or any other feature that identifies one seller’s goods or services as distinct from those of other sellers” (American Marketing Association).
So you can consider a brand as the image people have about specific products, services, and activities of a company.
For bloggers, branding is the marketing practice of giving your blog an identity. So if you want your business to succeed, branding is non-negotiable.
Your brand is the set of perceptions people have about your company. But branding is the set of actions you take to cultivate that brand.
Any action you take to shape your brand is, in a nutshell, branding.
- a logo
- Style of presenting information
The objective of branding is to attract and retain loyal customers and other stakeholders by delivering a product that is always aligned with what the brand promises.
Types of Branding
The following are some of the most common forms of branding, bloggers can use:
- Corporate Branding
Corporate branding is a way for companies to market themselves in order to give themselves an advantage over their competition.
They make a series of important decisions in order to accomplish this like pricing, mission, and values.
- Personal Branding
People use tools like social media to build their own personas, thereby boosting their brands. This includes regular social media posts, sharing images and videos, and conducting meet-and-greets.
- Product Branding
This type of branding is also known as merchandise branding. It involves marketing one particular product. Branding a product requires choosing the proper target market. For example, Coca cola.
- Service Branding
This kind of branding applies to services. It often requires some creativity since you can’t show services in a tangible manner.
Why Should You Brand Your Blog?
Branding is important to bloggers. It changes people’s outlook on your brand as it drives new business, and increases brand value.
So consider branding from the word go.Branding involves a consistent mix of different competencies and activities.
- Branding enhances your business
A strong reputation means a strong brand which, in turn, translates into value. That value can mean influence, price premium or mindshare.
Thus branding is important when trying to generate future business.
So a strongly established brand can increase a business’ value by giving the company more leverage in the industry.
- Branding attracts new customers
If the reputation is good, new customers might come into contact with the brand.
So having an already established brand compels them to make a purchase from this brand.
- Improves employee morale
Employees feel happy to be associated with the brand. Thus they work for the brand diligently.
This can also translate into better leadership, more involvement, and better products and services.
- Creates trust among buyers
Trust builds up in potential buyers’ minds.This is likely to increase sales.
What Are The Elements Of Branding?
These are the elements of branding that you’ll need to create for your business.
- Mission statement and values
Write a short statement that defines the present state and purpose of your business.
Provide a snapshot of what you seek to achieve in the long term.
The logo is the face of your company. So design your logo carefully.
Designing your website carefully. So it should be visually engaging, easy to use, and most important of
How To Stand Out From The Competition?
- Determine the topics your blog will cover. Make your subject narrow so that you will dominate a niche. This step influences your blog’s brand.
- Choose the style of your content presentation. You need to come up with a unique style of presenting your content. Have a specific view to present your information.
- Create a voice for your blog. Imagine what the posts will sound to the reader. Let your readers know who you are and what your perspective is?
- A good command of the language. Use good grammar and correct spelling.
- Pick the blog’s main keywords. These keywords will determine your post subjects and titles.
- Choose a format for your blog posts and pages. Your content should be easy to read and understand.
- Decide post length. If you are an expert or beginner, write long form blog posts.
- Set a schedule for publishing content. Let your readers know when to anticipate your content. So determine the days and frequency based on your audience and subject matter.
- Furnish your blog with a tagline. A tagline brands your blog. Consider your blog’s focus and keywords to come up with a good tagline.
- Choose your blog’s name carefully. Choose a blog name which is ideal for your business.
Conclusion: Branding For Bloggers
The word branding doesn’t mean logos, slogans, and other identifiable marks. But they are just part of the definition.
The term brand is actually a marketing concept that helps people recognize and identify a business or person.
Successful branding can help the blogger attract and retain a customer base, which can lead to brand loyalty while giving it a leg up on the competition.
A brand is considered to be one of the most valuable and important assets for a company