Whiteboard animation videos are one of the most popular and entertaining types of explainer videos for businesses. Create engaging animation videos using the best whiteboard animation software.
You don’t need any expensive equipment or skills to get started – just a computer and some whiteboard animation software.
The software makes video editing easy and outputs high-quality explainer videos you can use on your website, an online course, or any other place you need it.
In this article, I ranked and reviewed the best software to check out this year. These reviews are based on animation features, video quality, pricing, support, and more.
Let’s get started.
- What is a Whiteboard Animation Software?
- Features To Look For In Whiteboard Animation Software?
- What is the Best Whiteboard Animation Software?
- Whiteboard Animation Software - Conclusion
What is a Whiteboard Animation Software?
Whiteboard animation is the procedure to draw an illustration on a whiteboard. Usually, the colors are just black and white. In a whiteboard video, viewers can see the drawing process to make it more engaging.
Thus whiteboard videos usually have musical narration and background music to explain the steps of illustration.
Animators either use the motion style that shows any hand type illustrating the animation or a time-lapse video.
In addition, whiteboard animation videos are more effective for marketing, training, or education purposes than plain texts.
Features To Look For In Whiteboard Animation Software?
Thus here are a few things to consider before selecting a whiteboard animation software:
- Customization: Already made video templates, make sure that the software offers a lot of customization options. Customization of characters, colors, fonts, audio, video, transitions, and animations.
- Ease-of-Use: Pick the video software that is beginner friendly.
- Media Library: Make sure that the software offers a diverse media library of royalty-free videos, audios and images. It will help you make more engaging videos at no extra cost.
- Voice Over Support: Most whiteboard animations come with voice over support to enhance your videos. If you plan to use a voice over for narration, select a tool that offers this feature to ensure quality voice.
What is the Best Whiteboard Animation Software?
Here are my top picks for the best whiteboard animation software:
Best Overall Whiteboard Animation Software ($8 per month).
VideoScribe is an amazing whiteboard animation software.
It is an incredible whiteboard animation and video creation software for creating easy, quick, and inexpensive whiteboard videos.
Thus it has a drag and drops feature which provides immense ease of use while creating engaging whiteboard animation videos. So all you need to do is pick your images, texts and then add the voice-over.
They have a downloadable app that is faster and more secure than the online site. So you can import images and it will automatically convert them into SVG files.
In addition, it offers a repository of thousands of images to choose from. But if you want you can add your own images.
You will also have access to their large library of copyright-free background music. You can also import and add your own music for more and better customization.
It allows you to download the video locally into multiple formats such as MP4, WMV, MOV, and AVI. You also have the option to share the video directly on YouTube and other platforms.
- Add Voiceover: You can add voiceover directly to the video and also allows you to mix it with background music and text.
- Pre-built Templates: VideoScribe offers pre-built templates based on different categories, including business, education, community, tutorial, and animation. These templates let you create a video within a few minutes.
- Vast Library will allow you to add animation and stickers from its vast library and can also import files of your choices.
- Provision to export the video as an image sequence.
- A 7-days free trial without entering any credit card information.
- Available on both Mac and Windows.
- Addition of unlimited number of pages on your storyboard.
- Support team is available 24/7.
- Already made templates offer great customization options.
Three pricing plans for single users:
- Monthly plan: $17.50 per month
- Quarterly plan: $35 per month
- Annual plan: $8 per month
Their team licenses start from $150 per user for a team of over 10 users.
Best Professional Whiteboard Animation Software ($299 per year)
Vyond. This is a professional whiteboard animated video.
Vyond is aimed at creating professional whiteboard animated videos for marketing, training, eLearning, and human resources. It helps you realize better visual communication through powerful storytelling and customization of content.
It has a provision to import MP4 files into your learning management system (LMS) to deliver a more immersive learning experience. Features like dialogue and realistic movements make people find your content more engaging.
It has features to cater to every industry size. These features include:
- Enterprises: it offers multiple pre-built templates, a library of resources and a full suite of tools to create videos easily and faster.
- Individuals & Education Purposes: You can make unlimited videos affordably.
Vyond offers thousands of characters, movements, and colors, for your content to be more unique and also get a library of sound effects to add depth to your videos.
- Lip Sync: The automation character lip-sync feature makes boring characters real humans and more engaging.
- Quick Edits: Updates your videos without high production costs.
- Industry-based Templates: Allows you to search for the most suitable templates based on job role, style, and category and you can also simply key in a keyword in the search bar and it will show you the relevant list of video templates.
- Easily customizable models and characters.
- Animation of characters which helps in creating professional and more engaging videos.
- Offers a 14-days free trial.
- Creates great videos for your email marketing campaigns.
- Access to hundreds of custom logos and texts.
- A large pool of use cases, case studies, and other educational materials help create stunning videos.
It offers four pricing plans:
- Essential: $299 per year
- Premium: $649 per year
- Professional: $999 per year
- Enterprise: Custom pricing
You get a discount of up to 50% with annual plans. All the plans come with features like 2D characters and classic whiteboard characters.
Give Vyond a spin with a 14-day free trial.
Best Whiteboard Animation Freelance Services ($5 and up)
Fiverr is one of the world’s largest and largest online platforms to hire freelancers. You just need to go to Fiverr.com. You can select the animator after going through their reviews, samples, and years of experience.
Most animators will provide the voice-over, or you can provide your own and you can even give them a detailed description so they can align it the way you want. So all in all, it’s a pretty simple, safe, and secure way to get your work done.
Selection of Gig on Multiple Metrics: You can choose the gig based on the location and the money they are charging as well as experience. It is important to review your portfolio to make an informed decision.
Review and Changes: You can also ask the video creator to make changes even after the delivery to reach the expected quality. This makes the process of video creation run smoothly.
Escrow: To protect customers, Fiverr only allows the release of money when the customer is satisfied with the service.
- Fiverr will help you gain access to thousands of qualified professionals.
- Its transparent system allows only verified professionals, so there are little to no chances of scam.
- You can hire professionals from any location across the world.
- Fiverr displays the verified certifications of professionals to help you hire a genuinely qualified person.
- You can pay per project.
- You have the option to reject the payment if the work doesn’t align with your requirements.
A normal gig starts from $5 per project and Pro Services starts from $500.
Get an animated video from Fiverr.
Suitable for non-designers, beginners, and professionals from different fields ($19 per month).
Animaker helps you create awesome whiteboard animation videos easily. Therefore, you can easily create live-action videos within a short period of time. This drag and drop video creation tool helps you to build powerful characters for your story.
Animaker has a library of about 100 million stock pictures and videos. In addition, you have the option to choose from about 1000 templates. So there’s a template for every occasion and requirement.
Some of its most prominent video-making features are facial expressions for videos, auto lip-sync, gradient background, and a host of other features.
4K Video: It allows you to edit and upload videos in 4K video quality.
Instant Resizing: You can instantly resize the video for different social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
GIF and Short Video: Instantly create GIFs and sort videos with custom text, background, video, font size, and colors.
- Monitor all the changes in real-time.
- Add voice-overs and watch your characters speaking in your voice with auto lip-sync.
- The Smart Move feature makes complex animation with just a click.
- Ability to give a professional feel to a video with screen, camera effects, audio tracks and high-quality transitions.
Animaker has three plans which include one free plan:
- Free: $0.
- Starter: For individuals and small teams – $19 per month billed yearly.
- Pro: For startups and large enterprises – $39 per month billed yearly.
The free plan only lets you download videos with watermarks. Thus paid plans are better for professional use.
Achieve professional-level video editing easily ($89.99 per annum).
FilmoraPro has an easy-to-use user interface and professional tools like color correction and audio mixer. It also supports 4k and 2D/3D animations as well as keyframes for smooth animation.
You can remove the background noise in the video and replace it with your high-quality audio file. Its audio functions don’t end there.
You can also customize your own animations or use motion templates. It has the ability to change the duration and speed animations to achieve sync. You can also add realistic zoom or camera movements to your video.
Auto-Correction: Color settings for any photograph or video file.
Review Changes: This allows you to verify changes and gives a more consistent and eye-pleasing look to your video.
Masking: Ability to hide parts or elements of your video footage through custom shapes or presets.
- Edit or animate customizable text.
- Adjustable shadows and highlights to enhance the quality of images and video.
- Offers preset transitions.
- Automatic stabilization feature creates highly stabilized videos.
- Built-in screen recorder to create video right from your computer.
It costs $89.99 per year.
Lifetime license: $149.99.
Best to design ready-made videos, logos, and websites for $59 per month.
Renderforest makes it easier for you to share your story with some already made whiteboard animation videos for many scenarios. It offers a big catalog of animated objects and toolkits to create videos for diverse ideas and topics.
You will have access to about 50,000 unique scenes to start your video editing easier and faster. So many tools such as custom logos, text, images, and color palettes will help you to personalize your videos. It also has a pool of music tracks that you can add as background music.
You can create any type of video you want in three simple steps:
- Select your preferred template from a large repository.
- Edit and personalize the template using texts, logos, color palettes, and images.
- Add a music track to the video and import it to your system.
- Renderforest Video creation steps
Apart from this, Renderforest creates short videos for intro or logo, including YouTube intro, 3D-logo, and minimal logo.
Freemium Version: The free version creates videos of up to 1-minute length and gives you access to all the features.
Explainer Animations: Easily creates an explainer animation in just three simple steps. Add a scene, load presets, and type in your content.
Then leave the rest on Renderforest. It will automatically process a stunning explainer video for your use.
Create Logo: It offers hundreds of templates to create a video logo for your brand. Just select a template and enter your brand name and tagline. Then a brand new logo will be created. In addition, you can also customize your logo.
- Thousands of animated scenarios help you create videos with 3D animation.
Stock gallery of commercial videos that you can edit and mix in your videos.
- Availability of high-quality royalty-free video shots and music clips.
- Offers customer support via both email and phone.
- Free previews let you work on a project with all the features without making a payment.
Renderforest has the following four paid plans:
- Amateur: $59 per month
- Pro: $89 per month
- Business: $119 per month
- Enterprise: $299 per month
There’s one freemium plan that lets you create videos of up to 3 minutes.
Get started with Renderforest for free.
Suitable animation tool to render 2D and 3D animation along with doodle sketches ($37 per month).
It is a drag-and-drop video creator that helps you create whiteboard animation videos easily and also creates full-motion videos, explainer videos, and more.
It has desktop software for Mac and Windows so you can create videos offline too. In addition, it lets you create, process, and export unlimited numbers of videos.
Explaindio provides multiple animations, over 180 already made text animations for more personalization. You will also get 300 font options and over 200 animated scenes to create more interesting videos.
With explained, you will get multiple animations at the same time, 3D models, and animation customization. You will also be able to import videos in the most popular formats like AVI, WMV, FLV, MOV, and MP4, and a host of other features.
Pixabay Integration: Integration with Pixabay. So you have access to thousands of free stock photos. You can edit these images and mix them into your video.
Animated Characters: Offers 6 animated characters to enable you to share stories easily.
Multi-Timeline Editing: Edit your videos at a faster pace with full multi-timeline editing.
- Offers built-in transitions and keyframe animations.
- No technical skills required.
- Over 140 already made videos with over 800 animations and images.
- 3D animation and model customization.
- Ability to play multiple animations at the same time.
- Creates great videos with over 100 full HD background videos.
It has three paid plans:
- Monthly plan: $37 per month
- Annual plan: $67 per year
- One-time pricing: $497
You also get a 14-day money-back guarantee.
Creates explainer videos in minutes $129 per month.
MySimpleShow is one of the greatest whiteboard animation software to create whiteboard videos. It can create a high-quality video in a few simple steps.
You just need to simply:
- Select a template.
- Write down the perfect script.
- Visualize the video on the storyboard.
- Check the video with speed and voiceover.
- Then import and share the video wherever you want.
You can either save the final video on your computer or export it directly to your YouTube channel.
It suggests the most suitable storyline and illustrates it with relevant images based on the template you choose. And if you are not satisfied with the result, its Explorer Engine suggests alternate options to help you create a perfect video.
- Text-to-Speech: Its text-to-speech tool creates a high-quality voiceover within a few seconds based on your text.
- Preview: Creates a preview of the video at any point in timelines. So you can review your video after every move. You can go back to editing if you are not happy with the results.
- Illustrations: MySimpleShow offers thousands of illustrations for free.
- Offers 16 video templates for personal, professional and educational purposes.
- Gives relevant examples and advice to create a nice video script.
- Allows you to upload your logo or text for greater personalization.
- Offers a specific pool of images, audio and graphics to create engaging whiteboard animation videos.
- Allows you to create a video for free as a part of its trial pack.
MySimpleShow has three paid plans:
- Business: $129 per month
- Pro: $499 per month
- Enterprise: Custom-based pricing
But it also has a freemium plan with limited features.
Record and create professional videos on Mac and Windows ($249 per single-user license).
Camtasia is a great and popular screen recording software that has pre-made animation templates. Pick a template, add a few effects and that’s all. It’s great for users who want to share tutorials and ‘how-to’ videos.
It also offers custom templates with animations and effects. You can simply drag and drop these features to create professional videos.
You can also choose the music and background effects from its large library of royalty-free music. In addition, it lets you record and edits your own sound clips faster and easily.
Camera Effects: Easily add camera effects to your screen recordings and zoom in and out.
Interactive Quizzes: Make your videos more interactive by creating quizzes to encourage your learners to pay extra attention to your videos.
Multiple Effects: You can drag and drop text, effects, transitions, and animations to personalize your video.
- Provision to download an MP4 file or directly upload your video on YouTube.
- Add transitions between slides and scenes.
- Record and edit your voiceover easily.
- Access to over 500k stock images, photos and videos with TechSmith subscription.
- It provides great audio effects and annotations.
- Camtasia costs $249 per single-user license. Each upgrade to the latest Camtasia version costs you $99.50.
It also provides a 30-days free trial.
10. Easy Sketch Pro
Create incredible sketch videos without any technical expertise ($37 – one-time payment).
This is a creation tool that allows you to create amazing sketch videos faster. Simply upload a video and the software will create a sketch of the opening scene automatically. It makes the transition from sketch to real video super easy and faster.
You can create whiteboard sketch videos in just three simple steps:
- Use its drag-and-drop builder to create the sketch video.
- Import your own regular video or use hundreds of 100s of images supplied by Easy Sketch Pro to make your video.
- Click Build and import it in your system.
Over 50 pens, brushes, chalk, and crayons help you create the exact type of video you want.
Easy Sketch allows you to add your voice-over to the animated video or the uploaded video. You also get access to a large library of pre-recorded music. But you can also add animated text through its drag-and-drop feature.
Canvas: It offers professional canvas types to create live sketch videos.
Sketch Customization: Offers over 50 brushes, pens, crayons, and chalks to meet the specific needs of your marketing campaign.
Royalty-free Images: It offers hundreds of royalty-free images to achieve the required customization.
- Exports your video in MP4 format.
- Installs the software on unlimited systems.
- The one-time payment model makes it a cost-efficient option.
- Imports and adds your own logo, images, video, or soundtrack.
- Works on both Mac and Windows computers.
Easy Sketch Pro has three paid plans:
- Starter: $37 – one-time payment
- Business: $67 – one-time payment
- Business Pro: $97 – one-time payment
The Starter plan comes with Easy Sketch Pro branding. Thus, if you want to use videos professionally, then you might want to purchase either the Business or Business Pro plan.
The Business Pro plan also provides over 12,000 premium images and soundtracks worth $360 worth.
11. Adobe Animate CC
Best for TV video shows, games, and the web ($19.99 – one-time payment).
It also lets you publish the video on multiple online platforms, including HTML5 Canvas, Flash/Adobe AIR, WebGL, and customized platforms like SVG. You can also share your animated videos as augmented reality (AR) experiences.
Asset Panel: Provision to assemble animation through pre-developed assets from a user-friendly panel. This would help in creating videos at a faster pace.
Layer Parenting: Customize animated characters with a much more simplified tool.
Auto Keyframe: Add keyframes automatically.
- Sharable animations on Twitter, Facebook, and more.
- Create a hand-on tutorial video using simple steps.
- Create 2D vector character animation, customize its movement and publish in multiple formats.
- Import images and videos from Adobe Stock.
- Optimize videos for various resolutions and sizes.
Adobe Animate CC provides two pricing plans based on the frequency of the payment:
- Annual Subscription: $19.99 per month
- Monthly Subscription: $29.99 per month
Doodly creates whiteboard, blackboard, and glass board animation videos within a few minutes ($20 per month billed annually).
It is a drag and drop doodle video creator and is used to create videos for social media marketing, sales, and other special occasions.
So all you need to do is just drag an image of your choice to the canvas and Doodly will automatically create a doodle of that image.
You can also include your custom voiceover while recording in real-time and sync with your doodle video through a single click.
The 30-days money-back guarantee also helps if you don’t find it suitable for your needs.
It is a suitable choice for:
- YouTube marketers
- Teaching and training
- Facebook advertising
- Sales videos
Large Library: It offers a vast collection of custom-drawn doodle images. It also offers 20 background scenes and 200 characters.
Multiple Installs: Doodly runs on both Mac and Windows.
Multiple Resolutions: It allows you to export your video file in multiple resolutions between 480p-1080p. It also lets you set custom resolutions.
- Provision to customize the file sizes and video quality before downloading the final file.
- Offers free software updates for an indefinite period.
- It offers royalty-free audio tracks that you can easily include in a video through drag-and-drop function.
- All 200 characters come with 20 multiple poses.
- Create professional doodles by simply uploading relevant images.
You get two pricing plans:
Standard: $20 per month billed annually
Enterprise: $40 per month billed annually
You can save 49% with the annual plan.
Create professional and highly customized videos ($19 per month).
PowToon is a powerful visual communication platform that allows users to create professional whiteboard animation videos easily and faster.
It has a large video template gallery for multiple genres, including marketing, training, sales, HR, and education.
It integrates with popular photo editor Adobe Photoshop to animated videos instantly. You can also export all the Artboards to PowToon. Not just that, you can even edit PowToon images on Photoshop. You can either export the video in MP4 format or publish it directly on Facebook, YouTube, or Vimeo.
- PowToon Labs: It offers a large repository of learning materials, including eBooks, infographics, tutorials, webinars, podcasts, and blogs.
- Team Collaboration: Allows you to share media libraries while following branding and creative guidelines for easy collaboration.
- CMS Integration: It allows you to publish, embed, attach and store your creatives or videos with your CMS.
- Offers 24/7 customer support.
- Provides 100 GB cloud storage per user.
- Access to complete third-party resell rights.
- Upload mobile and social media optimized videos directly to Facebook Ads, Instagram and YouTube accounts.
- Creation of new videos at a faster pace.
PowToon has three pricing plans:
Pro: $19 per month
Pro Plus: $39 per month
Agency: $99 per month
The Pro plan lets you export only 5 videos per month while the other paid plans provide unlimited premium exports.
Best for whiteboard videos, digital graphic recording, and infographics.
TruScribe is an online whiteboard video-making tool that helps to speed up internal and external communication.
Apart from that, it offers some of the best animation features, like attractive design, modern machine voice, online editing, and many more.
- Allows editing videos even after the design gets completed.
- Offer clear voice overs for videos.
- You can have a separate background image and texture.
- Flawless and clear voice recording options.
- Choose from the 5 high-contrast color schemes.
- Special themes are available for different industries.
- The program is available on android, so you can give it a go.
- Grabs attention. More than half of all consumers prefer watching a brand’s video over other types of content like blogs, downloads, newsletters, and social imagery.
- Maximizes the potential for multimedia. Within a single video, you can include elements like animation, green screens and motion graphics. You can also add music or sound effects to further enhance the multimedia experience.
- Has high engagement and conversion rates. Videos have an organic reach that’s more than 8% higher than any other type of social media post.
- It is compatible with smartphones and other portable devices.
Transcribe price is available on request.
Looking for pricing details, customization requirements, or have other queries? We are just a click away.
Request for the price here.
Whiteboard Animation Software – Conclusion
The market demands quality videos in a short period. We cannot meet that demand by following a traditional route of creating an explainer video. The whiteboard animation software helps you meet the market’s needs as it offers you all the necessary tools and templates that enable you to create whiteboard videos in no time at all.