Are you looking for the best management software for your project? What is the best project management software for a small business?
Well, I have come up with a list of the best project management tool. To make your work easier, I have outlined key features and the pricing of the software so that it will be easier for you to choose the suitable tool for your project.
So let’s get started.
- What Is The Best Project Management Software For a Small Business
- Features To Look For In a Project Management Tool For a Small Business
- Project Management software For Small Business Listed
What Is The Best Project Management Software For a Small Business
A project management tool is software used by a host of industries and individuals for project planning, resource allocation, and scheduling.
It helps project managers and teams to control their budget and quality management. This software also serves as a platform for facilitating collaboration among project stakeholders.
Whether you’re an individual or a company looking to keep track of your projects, using a project management tool will make your work easier.
It’s now possible to find cloud-based project management tools designed with you in mind. Many have free plans with limited features just to get you started. Most of them use a monthly subscription model.
But there are many pricing options as different software have different features. However, find a tool that fits you within the budget.
Features To Look For In a Project Management Tool For a Small Business
There are several features that you need to check out when choosing the best project management tool for your online projects.
I have compiled a list of the best project management software available on the market today, no matter the size of your team, project, or budget. They’re perfect for you.
Here is a list of the most important aspects of a great project management tool to guide you in your decision.
- Task lists: Assigns and updates the status of tasks. This is important as it helps the team to interact.
- Schedules: Offers calendars. This helps you to fit in the project on your schedule. Not only does it help to schedule tasks but also enables you to predict how much time the project may need.
- File sharing: Allows you to share important documents.
- Communication: Helps you to communicate easily and quickly.
- Reporting: Automatic and faster preparation of reports. It also generates reports of the tasks being undertaken.
Project Management software For Small Business Listed
Having looked at the important features a project management tool should have, let’s look at some of the best project software.
I have ranked 15 best software. Here’s the list:
- Zoho projects
- Easy project
ProofHub is an online project management app that places an emphasis on simplicity. It offers a replacement for conventional emailing and project management features under one roof.
It has a simple and stunning user interface that helps the team to collaborate more efficiently.
- Assign roles to users.
- Online team discussions and chats.
- Task delegating and assignments.
- Reporting and tracking project history
- Secure file storage.
The paid plan starts at $50.00/month. There is a free version. ProofHub offers a free trial.
Basecamp is a popular tool that is mainly used by many project management teams.
This software offers several different collaboration features such as a discussion area. Users can contribute to discussions via email as well.
- Manages multiple users’ work.
- Message boards for discussing new projects or ideas.
- Reporting on project performance.
- Separate dashboard for showing to clients.
Pay $99/month for unlimited users.
Asana combines elements of project management, file storage, and collaboration to help to manage projects across a team without email.
This project management software also offers team pages where ideas and conversations are shared for all to see, ideal for a small business. It can be integrated with a large number of other systems like MailChimp and Google drive.
- Breaks your work down into tasks and assigns it to team members.
- Organizes your tasks into projects for roadmaps.
- Checks on your team’s progress.
- Get notified about projects updates.
Free for up to 15 members. The paid plan, Premium starts from $10.99 per user/month.
JIRA is a popular project management tool with advanced project management capabilities and features. Within the software, teams can create customizable scrum boards and make use of agile reporting.
Users can view any outstanding issues and monitor time spent per task. JIRA comes with a set of APIs that enable users to connect it with other third-party software.
- Distributes tasks across your software team.
- Prioritizes and discusses your team’s work.
- Centralizes your team communication.
- View real-time reporting on your team’s work.
The plan starts from $10/month (up to 10 users), $75/month for 15 users, $300/month for 50 users.
Trello is a project management tool that visualizes an entire project in just one single view. Trello also makes it possible to make cards.
These cards can display conversations or to-do lists which can be placed on a board, making them accessible for any of the users of this software.
- Management of simple tasks on a cardboard.
- Creating unlimited task lists.
- Sharing image and file.
- Organizing lists by dates.
- Commenting and collaboration.
Free for personal use, $9.99 per user/month for businesses.
Zoho Projects is an awesome software that has a clean and straightforward interface.
It covers the following areas: project planning, Gantt charts (to visual the progress of tasks), reporting tools, collaboration tools, and document management.
It can also be integrated with tools such as Google Apps and Dropbox.
- Time tracking.
- Gantt charts to oversee project progress.
- Document and file management.
The Standard plan starts at $3 per/month.
Redbooth is software that enables you to manage a project for a small business at your convenience (the way you want).
It has a library of project templates. You can use the templates for your project in case you are not sure where to start from.
- Simple and effective project & task planning.
- Shared virtual team workspaces.
- HD video conferencing for team collaboration.
- Productivity reports for stakeholders.
The plan starts from $9 per user/month.
ClickUp is a software that focuses on managing tasks. Its features cater to all individuals and companies of all sizes.
It has fully customizable features. These are must-have features for teams that want to keep everything from design to development in one ideal place.
- Offers 3 different views (Board, Box, List).
- Each project has 52 customizable features.
- Elegant hierarchy to keep projects simple as they progress.
- Tools like ‘Smart search’ and ‘Smart estimates’ to make you more productive over time.
Free for up to 100MB, the Unlimited plan starts at $5 per user/month.
Avaza permits you to collaborate on projects with both your team and your customers. It sends automatic task reminders as well as quotes.
- Task management on a cardboard like interface.
- Automatic task reminders.
- Flexible time tracking and timesheet approvals.
- Sending quotes & invoice.
You will pay $39.95 for unlimited projects.
Teamweek is a great software for power users. Teamwork Projects has all the tools you need to track the development of a project. It is the best project management software for a small business.
The app is quite flexible and includes a variety of features like task management, messaging, storage of files, and time tracking tools. It integrates with DropBox, Google Drive, and Box.com.
- Gantt-chart interface.
- Drag-and-drop task management.
- Scheduling work hour by hour.
- Overseeing your team members’ availability.
Free for up to 5 members, $39 for larger teams.
Redmine is a great free, open-source project management tool. It’s the most flexible software.
- Gantt charts and calendar for effective planning..
- News feed, document & management of files.
- Features for planning products and roadmaps.
- Email notifications.
- Real time tracking.
Weekdone is a software that makes weekly reports and enables managers as well as leaders to get a clear overview of both short- and long-term progress. The information is displayed on a graphical metric dashboard.
- Real weekly status reporting.
- Quarterly Objectives and Key results (OKRs).
- Awsome graphical metric dashboard.
- Private 1-on-1 feedback.
Free for small teams, paid plan starts from $49/month for larger teams.
Bitrix24 is one of the great project management software available for a small business. It offers a complete set of social collaboration, communication, and management tools for your team.
- Social intranet for internal communication.
- Gantt charts.
- Employee workload management.
- Customer relationship management.
- Telephone integration.
Free plan, paid plans with more storage from $39/month.
Freedcamp is a software that helps in organizing and planning important projects or events such as weddings or organizing trips. You can do these projects from the comfort of your home.
- Task lists & status management.
- Shared team calendar.
- Project templates.
- Issue tracker.
Free plan, paid add-ons.
15. Easy Project
Easy Project is an easy, visual, and intuitive project management software for a small business just as the name suggests. It makes your tasks easier by providing you with pre-made project templates to help you accomplish your tasks faster.
- Gantt chart.
- Risk management.
- Portfolio management.
- Project templates.
Easy Projects pricing starts at €6/month, per user. They don’t have a free version. But Easy Projects offers a free trial.
Having great management software for your small business project makes your work simpler. So if you have projects, pick a software tool based on functionality and pricing.